I loved the idea of this scarf I saw at the GAP. And its super simple to make and will cost you $3 instead of $20, which is always a good thing. To make your own:
- Buy a yard of plaid lightweight fabric. Mine is from Joann’s (in the homespun section by ginghams, it was 4.99 & on sale).
- Square up the sides and cut the yard in half so you have two 16-18" pieces.
- Sew them together so you have one big length about 85" or so long, I left the length of mine and its perfect….but I’m also a giant so you might need to trim yours.
- Now sew around the whole thing about an inch or so from the edge. This keeps the fabric edges from fraying too much , although you could probably skip this step unless you wanted to wash it a lot and keep it forever.
- Lastly you fray the edges. I cut the edges of mine like you would a rag quilt, about every 1/4" or so and then washed it. The effect was just as cute as the GAP one and way easier.
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and survived the shopping madness. And by the way I finished unpicking my quilt, it didn't take me as long as I thought it would and I'm happy to say I LOVE it the second time around. :)