I finished this top FINALLY. Its the longest I’ve ever worked on a quilt…3 months. I started the blocks way back in January, (finished everything on that to do list except the losing weight part….ahem) but then they sat in a box for 2 1/2 months waiting for me to finish them. The whirlygigs in this top are only 3" sewn.
I’m not feeling the outer border on this one, it might need to be taken off. It looks OK in the picture but in real life its kind of wonky since its hard to get those pez’s lined up nice and straight. We’ll see. I took this picture of the back so you could see all those seams smooshed in there. Its the dang ironing that took me 3 months to finish…the sewing part was easy. The pattern is by Camille (hi Camille!) you can find it here.