This fun scrappy quilt is quick to put together and great for beginners. Use lots of different colors to keep it bright and fun…or just a few colors to keep it calm and simple.
Finished Size: 36" x 41"
1. You’ll need to cut 27 color strips 2" x width of the fabric (at least 36") and
2 white strips 1 1/2" x width of the fabric (at least 42").
2. Lay the color strips out in the order you want them.
3. Using a 1/4" seam allowance, sew the strips into pairs first…then sew the pairs all together. Alternate the sewing direction when sewing the strips/pairs together, and don’t pull the strips…this will help prevent stretching and keep the strips straight.
4. Press the seams open. This takes a bit more time but the nice straight seams are worth it!
5. Fold the length of the quilt top in half and align it carefully on the cutting mat. Trim the edges straight until the quilt top is 35" wide.
6. With the quilt still on the cutting table, make a cut 8" in from the right side. Make another cut 5" in from the last cut.
7. Sew a white strip onto each side of the 5" strip. Press towards the white strips and trim the ends.
8. Rotate the strip 180 degrees, and sew the strip back in between the larger pieces to make the quilt top. Press towards the white strips.
Fast, fun, and CUTE!