Happy (late) Halloween!
I’m in between projects right now (not counting quilt tops that need finishing!) and picked up that adorable Alexander Henry house print at Joann’s a few nights ago. It was calling my name…Sophie needs a quilt made with it…stat.
She’s quite the helper.
The boys and I made these little pillows with leftover fabric from their quilts.
They are the perfect size to hit each other with.
At least they are hitting each other with pillows though right? Usually it’s light sabers.
This is one of those no-reason quilts, but after seeing this print I just had to try making a kite tail quilt.
It took some trial and error…and I’m still pretending like those points are all matched up (they’re not). It’s been hanging on the wall while I decide what to do with it.
I want to quilt "clouds" in the white space…but it’ll take some work to get my clouds just right. On paper they either look like flowers or scallops. Should be an adventure!
The winner of Natalia’s book is "Mom2Caleigh". I emailed you!! My blog has been a little wonky lately…if you can’t see this post – especially on a mobile device - I’m working on it, sorry!
Since I’m a little obsessed with pink at the moment I figured I might as well show you Sophie’s curtains. I bought this fabric to make curtains…it’s a really nice weight and at $7.48 a yard it cost less than buying them (I used 5 yards). I measured from rod to floor and added 12" for each panel.
While taking pictures I noticed this:
I have a Polka-dot obsession…big time.
I made this little pink wreath for Sophie’s room last week, trying to mimic the beautiful one I saw here. I love the way it turned out…and it only cost me $6 to make. I bought a yard of this lightweight/sheer pink fabric at Joann’s…and cut it into strips (about 4") using pinking sheers.
Then I used my super scientific way of gathering the strips….set the machine to a zig-zag stitch (only so the gather doesn’t unravel) and shove/gather/push/bunch the fabric under the foot using your hands on either side of the presser foot as you go. It works like a charm on lightweight fabric like this.
Then I gathered each strip again…making them twice as ruffled. Just gather the strips until they are fluffy and full.
It would make a cute garland wouldn’t it?
Then I hot glued the gathered strips to the top and sides of a little wreath I bought in the dollar bins at Target…until it was nice and full.
It looks cute above her bed with the white frames. Although now that I look at it I’m going to need to re-adjust her mattress down and move those pictures up right now!
The LOVE print up there is by Wheatfield (in a frame I bought for $1 at a garage sale!).
Pumpkin Picking!!!! I love October.
Pieces of fabric…ready to be sewn together.
Painting things Pink…or "Watermelon" to be exact.
And Pressing Pink Polka-dots for Sophie’s curtains. They are turning out so cute.
Punch Cards…these have been the best thing for my kids and me. No more stickers and charts to mess with…they get punches for chores and for being especially kind to one another.
Usually they trade them in once a week for a special treat or a dollar. But this month they saved up their punch cards for a trip to Chuck-E-Cheese….yipee.
So I’m on my way to Chuck-E-Cheese…luckily they have a diet coke dispenser or I’d die.