I know I’m like the boy who cried wolf here…but this is hands down my favorite quilt to date. This quilt is very "me". I was a little sick of doing quilts with squares squares and more squares, so this was a nice way to change it up. The quilt blocks are made using pattern pieces, but the blocks go to together surprisingly easy and it’s a nice way to dip your toes into template patterns if you haven’t yet.
The circles are appliqued on…I used invisible thread, which is a lot like sewing with fishing line if you’ve never used it. The pattern includes a crib size also…I’ll show you that one after I get better pics. I quilted it with brown thread to match the background triangles and avoided quilting the circles….it gives them kind of a 3D effect in real life.
The fabrics are a mix…but because I know someone will want to know:
- The brown solid is a Bella Solid in Hershey from here.
-The dark green vine print and leaves/flowers on white background are from the Honey Bee Collection by Michael Miller.
- The orange basket weave is Denyse Schmidt Hope Valley.
- The yellow and light green leafy print is Sandi Henderson Farmers Market & Meadowsweet 2.
- The smallish white and red polka dot and the aqua gingham with large red flowers is Bliss by Bonnie and Camille for Moda.
- The orange with little blue flowers is Modern Meadow by Joel Dewberry.
- The dark red with red circles is Riley Blake…the Wheels collection I think? I think the aqua flower things on white background are also Riley Blake.
- The red pez is Wee Play by American Jane….its been out of print forever.
And the rest I have no idea…Phew!